8/10/08

FIRST BERNIE MAC AND NOW BLACK MOSES? WTF!


Another black cultural icon has died. Isaac Hayes passed away yesterday and all i can say is damn. The dude that gave us one of the coolest songs ever is dead at 65. I hate to say this but when i was first told that Hayes had died I had to stop myself from saying, "shut your mouth." I know that's stupid but hey I'm talking about the death of Isaac Hayes. Even though he was a scientologist I still cut him some slack because he was Isaac Hayes. Lord knows Hayes will have some explaining to do when meets the Lord but seeing how most of Hayes' music was responsible for the birth of so many babies, The Lord will probably give him a pass on the scientology stuff. And besides how can you keep a man out of heaven that actually had the nerve to refer to himself as Black Moses during a time when people still thought Jesus was white? Peace Black Moses you will be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But isn't the term "Black Moses", or "Black Jesus", or "Black-anybody-from-the-Old-Testament" redundant?