10/9/08

spike lee is done - period!


this movie was close to horrible. the script was bad, the directing was terrible and the acting was fair at best. it reminded me of a real life medellin.
there were so many subtitles it was like watching a foreign film. 
this movie was so horrible that it marked the first time that i rooted for the nazis in a war movie.
this movie was so bad that it made me cry because it was too long.

let's face it:
the whiter (more accepted) spike lee becomes, the worse his movies are.
when he was a militant director making films with hood inspiration like do the right thing, school daze and mo better blues he was making movies i could relate to and didn't mind spending money on. but once he stopped making "race" films, i.e. Son of sam, he was done making movies that i remotely cared about. 
what was most disturbing about the movie was the fact that he had about five actors that looked like denzel washington. spike lee can't let denzel go no matter how many movies he has already done with him. it seems to me that spike has to get angry again to make a good movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this one.. but "the whiter (more accepted) spike lee becomes, the worse his movies are" <--- NOT TRUE.. inside man was sheer genius.

Anonymous said...

Wow Roc, I'm suprised. I actually thought this was a good story. I liked Spike stretching out a bit. It had some parts and twists I coulda done without but I thought it was decent. At least a good story.

Priest FO!

NJB said...

I've heard nothing but good reviews of this movie. Wowww, guess I have to go see for myself. I tell ya what I do want to see. That daggone "W". Can't wait to laugh my socks off.