10/13/08

do you remember...KIDS INCORPORATED?

Amazing things happen when you watch youtube. I didn't realize that Kids Incorporated, the original live action television show that paved the way for future Teen N.B.C. shows Saved By The Bell, City Guys and Hoop Dreams.

If you remember the premise of Kids Incorporated you remember that the show was a comedy with a musical element to it. Kids would break out into the hit pop songs of the day at a moments notice and do their thing. But when I looked at the intro and the credits rolled up I hadn't known that not only was r and b singer, Rahsaan Patterson, who played "KID", back then black kids didn't get names for characters - they just got pro noun s- a former cast member but so was singer Martika, singer of MTV HIT TOY SOLDIERS and so was Fergie who played Stacy. She was kind of different back then. She was chubby, cute and not addicted to crystal meth:

Check out the intro:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I remember this..."We're KIDS INCORPORATED K- I- D- S Kids Incorporated! We're gonna have fun!!!"

Thanks for that...

Angie B...CAU '97.

Butterrfly said...

O-O-O... looks like we made it.. we're kids in-corp-or-raaaa-ted. K-I-D-S... yeah!

Yeah.. dumb tv in action... have no idea why I was enamoured with low budget cheesy-ness. Add to the list, saved by the bell, california dreaming, small wonder, out of this world <--- that was my show.. remember that one? with Evie the half alien???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1AA0bKJ1ig

Big Reub said...

Dude, I'm not gone lie.........I never realized that was Rahsaan Patterson on that show. Partly, cuz I thought it was corny.

But, am I gonna scroll down here and see ZOOM and Electric Company clips. lol. There was a chic on Zoom that I still have a crush on.