6/9/08

FORGET SEX AND THE CITY WHERE'S THE GOLDEN GIRLS MOVIE?



I JUST CAN'T GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS SEX AND THE CITY MOVIE. I JUST CAN'T. THE ONLY TIME I EVER REALLY GET CAUGHT UP WITH THE HYPE WHEN IT COMES TO MOVIES IS WHEN LIGHT SABERS ARE INVOLVED. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THESE FOUR WOMEN I DON'T SEE WHY ANYONE IS EXCITED. THE REAL ESTROGEN EVENT IS GOING TO BE WHEN DOROTHY, BLANCHE, ROSE AND SOPHIA GET TOGETHER. THE GOLDEN GIRLS WAS A WAY BETTER SHOW THAN SEX AND THE CITY.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD/ THE FACT THAT BLACK WOMEN WERE FRONT AND CENTER WHEN IT CAME TO THIS MOVIE. THEY WERE WEARING THE SHOES, DRINKING THE COSMOS AND TALKING SHIT ABOUT THEIR MEN. HEY SISTER, DON'T TALK TO YOUR MEN ABOUT LIKING WHITE WOMEN WHEN YOU'RE DRESSING, ACTING AND DOING YOUR BEST TO ACT LIKE
ONE. REMEMBER BLACK WOMEN IF YOU WANT TO BE WHITE, BLACK MEN WILL JUST CUT OUT THE MIDDLE WOMEN AND GET THE REAL THING.

INSTEAD OF GOING HELLS BELLS WATCHING SEX AND THE CITY WHAT YOU NEED TO BE DOING IS PUTTING SOME MONEY TOGETHER AND TRYING TO PRODUCE A GRILFRIENDS MOVIE. WITH TONI OF COURSE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY THEY FIRED HER, I AM STILL NOT CLEAR. WAS IT BECAUSE OF HER COMPLEXION? HOW DID I GET ON THIS SUBJECT?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golden Girls was the sh**!
I am so tired of you hating on Sex & the City. Get over it.
Toni wasn't fired. I read that she left because they wouldn't give her the $ she was asking for.
As much as I love Girlfriends, 30 minutes of Joan's wining and cryin over men is about all I can take. Don't know if I'd be able to sit through 2 hrs of that. However, her clothes, bags and shoes might keep me engaged!

Anonymous said...

Thank u sunshine09...he's always yappin about how S&TC has a lot of black women as fans. Good shows follow the same kind of premise...boy gets girl/boy loses girl...friends who live in the same bulding...3/4 women who deal with issues (plug in Living Single into this category, as well as others). So with Blanche 'en dem, Carrie 'en dem, or Joan 'en dem...it's the same scenario...so why the hate? If all you saber nerds can have your weird space friends, why can't we identify with these women?! Brothers, you can date white women all you want...but when her Daddy calls you a n*g*r, don't knock on the door to my new condo cryin' like a bitch, talkin' about how you want me to teach you to love (music soulchild). Stay focused, Roc...Toni got greedy and wanted more money.