6/9/08

“Hip Hop Resurrection – 80’s style”




What's your favorite 5 year span of rap music….ever?

Cat’s my age (30+) tend to gravitate toward the early to mid 90’s,,,quick to extol the virtues of De La Soul, Nas, NWA, Heiro, A Tribe Called Quest (you say the whole thing, like ‘’A Pimp named Slickback", or "The Ohio State University"’); Nope…not I…give me the mid to late 80’s all day…..Run DMC, LL Cool J (one of my all time fav hip hop names of all time)… Slick Rick….and…drum roll please….BEASTIE BOYS….. (later this month “best mc names of all time”)

CHECK THIS VIDEO BY SIMON REX NOW GOING BY THE NAME OF DIRT NASTY IT'S CALLED 1980

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did u make me watch this?!?! Okay...I admit...I begged my mother to buy me a pair of gazelles.

Anonymous said...

While you're bullshitting, I called my mom last summer to ask her if she still had my pair of EKs with the snake skin across the top somewhere. I can do the neon colors, and the acid wash, but where I draw the line on a comeback is the MC Hammer diaper pants.