5/25/09

I know she is the first lady but enough with the covers already!


I like Michelle Obama as much as anyone can love an emasculating, overbearing Black woman but with her gracing the cover of the latest Time Magazine is OVERLOAD! In this day of economic, national security and everything crisis why are they profiling her? i know she has had alot to do with the success of Barack but jeez why Time Magazine? The cover? She fucks the President. I get it! But that's it. She is doing her job but does that mean she needs to be on the cover of the National news magazine of record? NONONONO! Shit like that legitmizes the attacks from the right that state that liberals are cow - towing to The Obamas. Bad move Time Magazine save that shit for Ladies Home Journal or a family magazine.

3 comments:

Butterrfly said...

I couldn't disagree with you more! After decades of dealing with black women being featured as whores (thanks KING mag), downtrodden and desperate(thanks Essence) .. I am besides myself with excitement and pride to see a black woman (big hips, relaxed hair, bomb-diggity resume) featured prominantly in all forms of main stream media as the definition of the modern day iconic AMERICAN WOMAN! I think its fan-freakin-tastic. I CANNOT get enough of Michelle-mania...

Back off Roc! I will fight you on this!

Marvel Girl said...

Yes! We have to make up for a lot of lost time and saturate the freakin market while we can, normalize this image so it has a lasting legacy. I hadn't seen this cover- what a hot picture of her- a real beauty.

Kerri E. said...

I can't think of any other black female that has made me so proud! Seeing Michelle on the cover of Time magazine is "refreshing."